EURON/EUROP Annual meeting 2010
As previously announced, the first joined EUROP and EURON Annual Meeting including various robotics workshops will be held at the MIRAMAR PALACE in Donostia-San Sebastian, Spain, on 10-12 March 2010.
The EURON / EUROP Annual Meeting 2010 seeks to gather the robotics experts from both industry and academia to communicate, collaborate, and basically exchange ideas and information. The focus will be on taking up the challenges faced by both sides concerning the advancement of European Robotics and to explore solutions or present ideas to tackle them.
Please note that all roboticists (also non-members) are welcome to attend.
Registration and attendance are free but advance registration is required.
The three day event consists of:
1) March 10th includes workshops organized by EUROP
2) March 11th includes workshops jointly organized by both EUROP and EURON
3) March 12th includes workshops organized by EURON
For more information regarding the agenda, description of the workshops, venue, registration, accommodation and all other details please refer to the event’s website: http://www.euron-europ-2010.eu/
The event is supported by the euRobotics Coordination Action funded by the 7th Framework Programme.
Day1 - EUROP day (March 10th -starting at 12 a.m.)
- EUROP Working Group meetings
- Analysing fundamental technical problems hindering the industry to develop new products and services
Organizer: Tim Guhl, KUKA Roboter
- What can robotics offer to tackle societal challenges?
Organizer: Anne Wendel, EUnited Robotics
- Get together
Day 2 - EUROP / EURON Day – (11 March)
- Autonomous systems in security and aerospace
Organizer: Bruno Tranchero, Alenia Aeronautica, - Flavio Fusco, Gallileo Avionica
- Robocup and Grand Challenges
Organiser/speaker: Reinhard Lafrenz, Technical University Munich
- Encouraging Entrepreneurship: Sources of Finance and Early Stage Experience
Organizers: Jon Agirre Ibarbia, Fatronik-Tecnalia - Geoff Pegman, RURobots - Thilo Zimmermann, GPS
- Service Robotics: reasons that are delaying the expected “take-off” of the sector
Organizers: Agirre Ibarbia, Fatronik - Geoff Pegman, RURobots - Thilo Zimmermann, GPS
- How to strengthen industry-academia collaboration (with focus on technology transfers) in robotics?
- Rainer Bischoff, KUKA Roboter GmbH
- Herman Bruyninckx, KU Leuven
- Bruno Siciliano, University of Naples
- Reinhard Lafrenz, Technical University of Munich
- Feedback on the SRA
Organisers: Oliver Schwandner, Tim Guhl (KUKA Roboter)
- How to raise public awareness of European robotics
Organizers: Anne Wendel, EUnited Robotics - Bruno Siciliano, University of Naples
- PhD Award
Organizer: Herman Bruyninckx, EURON Coordinator and PhD Jury President
- European Commission Forum
- EURON/EUROP Technology Transfer Award - Presentations of the finalists
Organizer: Martin Hägele, Fraunhofer IPA
- Get together, dinner & Award Ceremony
Day 3 - EURON Day (12 March)
- Good Experimental Methodology and Benchmarking in Robotics Research
Organiser: Fabio Bonsignorio
- New EU Projects
Organiser: Markus Vincze, TU Wien
- Ethical, Legal and Societal issues: non-technical constraints
Organizers: Christophe Leroux, CEA - Roberto Labruto, Alenia
- Presentation of state of the art products
Organisers: Peter Eriksson, ABB AB Robotics - Rainer Bischoff, KUKA Roboter
- What are the real robotics challenges, from an industrial point of view, to be solved by academia?
Organiser: Tim Guhl, KUKA Roboter
Organisers: Walter Nowak, Fraunhofer IPA
- Orocos: roadmap to 2.0 and links to other software projects
Organiser: Peter Soetens, KU Leuven
- Blender for Robotics
Organiser: Herman Bruyninckx, KU Leuven
(back to overview)