European Robotics at IROS
The euRobotics Coordination Action and the ECHORD project (European Clearing House for Open Robotics Development) are jointly presenting a one day workshop at IROS 2011 in SanFransisco called "European Efforts in Strengthening the Academia-Industry Collaboration on September 30th.
|This full day workshop addresses the following questions:|
- How to improve academia-industry collaboration?
- What needs to be done to come to more market relevant research?
- What are the best practice examples of technology transfer?
The organisers will present and discuss approaches, initiatives and projects around the world aiming at improving industry-academia collaboration and turning academic research into
profitable products. The international robotics community is invited to participate in a discussion on how to improve the collaboration between academia and industry, e.g.:
- Your own experience with academia-industry collaborations: what can other roboticists learn from your experiences?
- Your examples of successful technology transfer: research started in labs and resulting in commercialised products and/or industrial applications.
- Ideas on how to overcome the existing academia-industry gap.
- Alex Zelinsky (Director of the CSIRO ICT Centre, Australia)
- Henrik Christensen (CCC Initiative on US Robotics, Georgia Institute of Technology)
- Alois Knoll (ECHORD Coordinator, Germany)
- Bruno Siciliano (ECHORD Co-Coordinator, Italy)
- Kai Pfeiffer (Fraunhofer IPA, Germany)
- Ralf Koeppe (KUKA, Germany)
- Alin Albu-Schäffer (DLR, Germany)
- Brian Gerkey (Willow Garage, USA)
- Jan Becker (Bosch, USA)
- Alois Knoll, Reinhard Lafrenz, Florian Roehrbein (Technische Universitaet Muenchen, Germany)
- Rainer Bischoff (KUKA Laboratories GmbH, Germany)
- Bruno Siciliano (Universita degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Italy)
- Anne Wendel (EUnited RoboticsEuropean Robotics Association, Belgium)
(back to overview)